Hold the Candied Yams and Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Dressing with Giblet Gravy, Green Bean Casserole topped with Fried Onion Rings, and Pecan Pie A La Mode.........



2nd day of 'weaning' from the excesses of Thanksgiving's fat, animal flesh and sugar.......now at cheesy grits and tangy shrimp in a thin, piquant sauce of globular fats...20 ingredients..rather than 20 courses........I remember 'hating' those Jim Dandy White Grits that Lucy dolloped out at 7 am as a constant companion to her overcooked eggs and already buttered toaster-oven toasted Ideal or Sunbeam white 'loaf' bread.....my pre-school breakfast....yuk! Fortunately my border collie would gobble down even this indelectable combination of bland calories..... I wouldn't 'touch' grits, having developed a prejudice against the cold, plastic, salty, white, vomitous masses with lakes of molten salted margarine at their centers, until I was in my mid-twenties, had discovered polentas and had experienced breakfast at Brennan's, Court of the 3 Sisters, and Joe Dale's....Sorry, Lucy, I loved you, but you were not the 'private chef' of my dreams, especially after Julia Childs appeared on afternoon television to wisen American tastes...particularly, my own..... in Food Preparation......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utilization of the hand-made 'pitchfork' that a friend made a half century ago in Richard Mafong's metalsmithing class at Georgia State University...............

THE TOUTED LARGESSE OF MEDIOCRITY....