LIVER CHALLENGE....





 The "Luncheon Challenge" today......a friend asked "Why, on earth, would you eat chicken liver, Reed.......it is totally disgusting!"......I took that as a challenge, of course.....to hold a mirror to his 'closed mind'...... By the time he 'got here'...20 minutes later...I had experimented with some new, untried, ideas.....hmmm.......got it!..... Chicken livers, breaded with white corn grits, dehydrated onions, basil, lots of dried rosemary, chervil and green onions (from my front yard)....then pan-fried in oil, sprinkled with coarse ground multi-colored peppercorns and Oliver & Taylor Tuscan 'barbeque' seasoning with Moroccan cinnamon and sea salt......over a 'bed' of brown rice......Served with a dipping sauce of ginger, carrot pulp/juice, sesame oil, tumeric and rice vinegar.... Response from my friend: "Well......I hate to admit it, but I really like this!"...... Task accomplished..... for those people that say "I hate ______...or I would never eat _______" A closed mind is a Mindtrap! ....an hour later....this dish was even better...after the herbs had penetrated the liver and the sauce had 'ripened'......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utilization of the hand-made 'pitchfork' that a friend made a half century ago in Richard Mafong's metalsmithing class at Georgia State University...............

THE TOUTED LARGESSE OF MEDIOCRITY....