GOBBLING THE 'LEFTBEHINDS'......




 Shamed by my lack of discipline (all those desserts for the last few days), I decided to dine at the Thai restaurant....up the street.....raw fish and sushi......A film production crew was lined up at the 'bar', ordering sushi and sashimi......(on an expense account).....The young 'producer' who was sitting next to me kept ordering food items as she texted and cruised the internet on her phone, while her companions downed their food...in a rush to get to wherever they were heading out to, later......Abruptly, they bolted, paid their tab and left the restaurant.......Oddly...to me anyway.....the woman ate not a bite of her largess of 'luncheon specials', and, as the waiter was about to clear her 'place', I asked "are you going to eat all this untouched food?'.....He replied, "No, I'll toss it in the trash!".....I hate waste......(here comes the rationalization)......So, I asked if I could have her dishes......He replied, 'Yes, sure!" as he handed me all that food.......Now, I feel like a croc that has just gobbled up a full-grown antelope.......Later, I'll be 'victim' to that old adage....'the more you eat, the more you want'.......Maybe I should give this chocolate cake to my neighbor lady....the old diabetic with the 'false' sweet teeth......Oh, I forgot....she kicked the bucket recently.....(more rationalization)....I guess I'll just HAVE to eat it all myself! Why, on Earth, did I make that other cake? Yes....I'd been hypnotized by the chocoholic sugar fairy that dwells at the top of my brain stem........You know,...the green fairy's sister..........



of course, I'm gonna eat it! Then, after it's all gone.....i'll begin my fast.....but not 'too fast'.......(rationalization: its flourless....uh.....it's eggless......uh....sure, it has lots of chocolate and heavy cream!....but.....I'm having a big salad beforehand......uh....coffee with whipping cream? Well, yes.....there's no whipping cream ON the cake, after all!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utilization of the hand-made 'pitchfork' that a friend made a half century ago in Richard Mafong's metalsmithing class at Georgia State University...............

DEVELOPMENT OF "CHILD'S TASTES"